You build your business. Now build your rewards.
Helping you earn reward miles for your hard work.
As an AIR MILES Collector, you can also redeem for rewards within the regular AIR MILES®* Reward Program.
American Express® AIR MILES for Business Cardmembers also have access to the AIR MILES®* Business Preferred Servicing team who are there to help you manage your AIR MILES®* Collector Account and answer your questions as a small business owner.
As an AIR MILES Collector, you can also redeem for rewards within the regular AIR MILES®* Reward Program.
Front Of The Line® - American Express Cardmembers have advance and reserved ticket access to some of the hottest concerts, theatre productions and special events across Canada5.
Gain access to paperless Expense Management Reports delivered quarterly and annually. These reports offer:
Get fast, safe access to your billing information anywhere you are, at any time you want. It is easy to set up, can save you time and help cut down on paperwork. With online services, you can:
With the American Express AIR MILES for Business Card, your purchasing power adjusts dynamically with your Card usage, and can grow over time, as long as you make your payments on time and maintain a good credit history6. That’s the power of a charge card.
You can maximize your cash flow up to 55 interest free days7. Use the Card throughout the month for all of your everyday business expenses, and earn reward miles while you're at it. Watch video to learn more
As an American Express Cardmember, you will have access to around-the-clock servicing to help you manage your account, whether you’re at the office or on the road.
As an American Express AIR MILES for Business Cardmember, you will also have access to the AIR MILES Business Preferred Servicing team who are there to help you manage your AIR MILES Collector Account and answer your questions as a small business owner.
Disability Plan for Small Business9†
Your Company can benefit from valuable protection against financial hardships caused by permanent, total disability. If you, as a Sole proprietor, become permanently, totally disabled as a direct result of an accidental injury, you are eligible to receive up to $10,000 in benefits. Benefits increase with the length of Card membership. After two years, benefits increase to a maximum of $25,000. After six years, the maximum amount is $50,000.
Employee Card Misuse Protection10
When you give employees a Card, it shows you trust them. It can hurt if your employee abuses your trust, but we don't want it to hurt your business. That's why we'll cover eligible unauthorized charges if you terminate the Supplementary Cardmember and cancel their Card within 2 business days.
Employee Card Misuse Protection is a benefit created specifically for business owners and it provides coverage of up to $100,000 per Cardmember in case employees misuse their employee Card for unauthorized charges. The time you spent worrying about your employee Cards can now be spent working on growing your business.
This plan automatically doubles the manufacturer’s original warranty up to one additional year when you charge the full price on eligible purchases to your American Express AIR MILES for Business Card. This applies to products purchased with the Card anywhere in the world, provided the manufacturer’s warranty is valid in Canada and the U.S. and does not exceed five years. Jewelry, motorized vehicles, and their parts are excluded in this coverage. You will need approval before any repairs will be covered. Replacement and repair costs are limited to $10,000 per eligible item up to a maximum of $25,000 per Cardmember per policy year for all occurrences combined.
Purchase Protection® Plan12†
Automatically, without registration, insures your eligible purchases against accidental physical damage and theft, up to a limit of $1,000 per occurrence (not per purchased item) for 90 days from date of purchase when you use your AIR MILES for Business Card. You can be reimbursed for insured occurrences not covered by any other insurance.
Fraud Protection Guarantee13
Use the American Express AIR MILES for Business Card online or off, and you won't be held responsible for any fraudulent charges, as long as you've taken reasonable care to protect your account details and PIN.
$100,000 Travel Accident Insurance15†
Up to $100,000 of Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance covers you, your spouse and dependent children under the age of 23 when any of you travel on a common carrier (plane, train, bus or ship) and charge your tickets to your AIR MILES for Business Card. Supplementary Cardmembers, their spouses and dependent children under age 23 are also covered.
Car Rental Theft and Damage Insurance16†
Save money when traveling with complimentary Car Rental Theft and Damage Insurance. Where allowed by law, you will be automatically covered for damage or theft of your rental(s) car with an MSRP of up to $85,000. To take advantage of this protection, simply decline the Loss Damage Waiver (LDW) or similar option offered by the car rental company, and fully charge your rental(s) to your AIR MILES for Business Card. There’s no additional charge for this coverage, and you save yourself the daily insurance fee (usually $16 to $23 per day) charged by the car rental company.
Baggage Delay Insurance17†
Mouse- over: Book a flight with your American Express AIR MILES For Business Card, and receive up to $500 coverage (aggregate maximum with Flight Delay Insurance) for all immediate daily reasonable and necessary emergency purchases, made within four days, for essential clothing and sundry items when your baggage on your outbound trip is delayed by six or more hours.
Lost or Stolen Baggage Insurance17†
When you fully charge your airline tickets to your AIR MILES for Business Card, you are covered for loss or damage to your checked-in or carry-on baggage and personal effects while in transit for up to a maximum of $500 per trip for all insured person(s) combined.
Flight Delay Insurance14†
Charge your airline ticket to your AIR MILES for Business Card, and receive up to $500 coverage (aggregate maximum with Baggage Delay Insurance) for all necessary and reasonable hotel, motel, restaurant expenses and sundry items purchased within 48 hours when you are delayed or denied boarding for four hours or more and no alternate transportation is made available.
Hotel/Motel Burglary Insurance17†
Automatic coverage of up to $500 against the loss of most personal items (excluding cash) if your hotel or motel room is burglarized. Coverage is in effect as long as you have fully booked and paid for your accommodations with your AIR MILES for Business Card.
Terms & Conditions
*As a charge card, the balance must always be paid in full each month. 30% annual interest rate applies to balances not paid in full.
‡AIR MILES®* Reward Program
All Rewards offered are subject to the Terms and Conditions of the AIR MILES®* Reward Program, are subject to change and may be withdrawn without notice. To redeem for Travel and/or Merchandise Business Rewards, you must have accumulated sufficient AIR MILES®* reward miles in the Dream Balance of your Business Collector Account. Some restrictions may apply. Quantities may be limited. Collectors must pay applicable surcharges, fees and taxes on air, hotel and car rental Rewards. Travel Rewards may be subject to a minimum advance booking and availability from participating Suppliers. No cancellations, exchange or refunds for tickets, certificates or merchandise once booked or ordered. For complete details, visit airmiles.ca or call the AIR MILES®* Business Preferred Servicing Team at 1-855-606-4599 or 416-228-2583. For an AIR MILES reward mile balance update, a new or replacement AIR MILES Collector Card or redemption information please visit airmiles.ca.
1. You can earn AIR MILES reward miles for eligible retail purchases at American Express merchants in Canada as follows:
Provided your account is in good standing, reward miles can be earned on eligible purchases less returns and other credits. Funds advances, interest, fees, balance transfers, Amex cheques and charges for travelers cheques and foreign currencies are not purchases and do not earn reward miles.
2. Welcome Bonus – Subject to change without notice. Account must be in good standing. To qualify for the 2,000 bonus reward miles, you must have at least $5,000 in net purchases posted to your account within your first three months of Cardmembership. Please allow up to eight weeks from the date the bonus reward miles were earned for the bonus to be awarded. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer.
3. AIR MILES Business Redemption Benefit: To be eligible for the 25% AIR MILES for Business Rewards discount, you must be an American Express AIR MILES for Business Cardmember. When you redeem AIR MILES reward miles for any of the items available in the AIR MILES For Business Rewards catalogue, you can receive a 25% discount off the posted number of AIR MILES reward miles required to redeem. This benefit does not include AIR MILES®* Cash redemptions, does not apply to the cash amounts that the Collector either agrees to pay or is required to pay in connection with a redemption, and cannot be combined with any other offer.
4. Basic Card fees may be tax deductible in Canada, if used solely for business purposes; please consult your tax professional.
5. Front Of The Line® – Purchase must be charged in full to an American Express® Card issued by Amex Bank of Canada. Subject to availability and to the event and ticketing agent terms, conditions and fees. Not all seats are available. All sales are final. No refunds. No exchanges.
6. No Pre-Set Spending Limit - No pre-set spending limit on purchases does not mean unlimited spending. Your purchases are approved based on a variety of factors, including your credit record, account history and personal resources. Proof of resources and security may be required.
7. Interest Free Days - As a charge card, the balance must always be paid in full each month in which no interest charges will apply. The interest free grace period is 28,29, 30 or 31 days from the closing date of the current statement to the closing date of the next statement depending on the number of days in the calendar month in which the closing date occurs. The number of interest free days varies based on a variety of factors, including when charges are posted to your account, whether your account is in good standing, and the closing date of your statement.
8. Account Alerts is a free service for American Express Card members. However, your mobile phone service provider may apply fees for incoming text messages. Please contact your provider for further details.
9. Underwritten by AIG Insurance Company of Canada.
10. Employee Card Misuse Protection is not insurance. It is a benefit made available to you by Amex Bank of Canada and Administered by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. Please read the terms and conditions of Employee Card Misuse Protection carefully, as they include specific terms, limitations, conditions and exclusions that may affect your coverage.Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada.
11. When you charge the full price on eligible purchases to your American Express AIR MILES for Business Card, the coverage given under the manufacturer’s original warranty is automatically doubled for up to one additional year. Buyer’s Assurance Protection Plan is underwritten by Royal Sun & Alliance Insurance Company of Canada.
12. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. Coverage is in excess of any and all other applicable insurance.
13. Use the American Express Card online or off, and you won't be held responsible for any fraudulent charges, as long as you've taken reasonable care to protect your account details and PIN. Notify us at once if your Card is lost or stolen, or you suspect it is being used without your permission.
14. Underwritten by RBC Insurance Company of Canada.
15. Travel Accident Insurance provides automatic coverage of up to $100,000 of Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance when you fully charge your common carrier (plane, train, ship or bus) tickets to your American Express AIR MILES for Business Card. Use the Card to book tickets for your spouse, dependent children (under 23) or any Supplementary Cardmember and they will also be covered. Spouse and dependent children (under 23) of Supplementary Cardmembers are also covered. Travel Accident Insurance is underwritten by ACE INA Life Insurance, Head Office in Canada: Toronto, Ontario, under Master Policy TMH600135.
16. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. Coverage is in effect as long as you have fully charged your rental to your American Express AIR MILES for Business Card. There are specific conditions that apply to who may rent and drive the rental vehicle, the length of rental and the type of vehicle covered.
17. Underwritten by RBC Insurance Company of Canada. In Quebec, certain coverages are underwritten by RBC General Insurance Company.
†All insurance coverage is subject to the terms and conditions of the respective master policies. Certain limitations, exclusions and restrictions apply. Please read your Certificates of Insurance carefully.
®: Used by Amex Bank of Canada under license from American Express.
®* TM Trademarks of AIR MILES International Trading B.V. Used under license by LoyaltyOne Co. and Amex Bank of Canada.